ACT is an interactive form of therapy– it’s not just talking about problems.
- We focus on the things that are currently making your life difficult. While we may talk about the past, it’s all within a context of what works for you now and where you would like to go.
We will work on:
- Helping you to learn skills to handle difficult thoughts and feelings more effectively, so they have less impact and influence over you.
- Clarifying your values: what matters to you, what you want to stand for, how you want to treat yourself and others, and what gives you a sense of meaning or purpose.
- Taking action to solve problems and to do things that make your life better.
I want you to leave at the end of each session with a plan of action.
- The plan of action includes specific resources you can take home and do between sessions that will make a positive difference.
ACT is all about finding the things that are meaningful to you and pursuing them in a way that makes a difference . I am going to be with you every step of the way!
**Want to learn more? Follow this link to find out more about ACT!**